*NOTE TO CURRENT STUDENTS: All course materials are on Canvas. Please log in there to view course information for your class.*
Department of Sociology, University of Minnesota
- Sociological Perspectives on the American Criminal Justice System (Soc 3101)
- Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Fall 2014, Spring 2015, Fall 2016 , Spring 2017, Fall 2017
- Sociology of Punishment and Corrections (Soc 4105)
- Spring 2014
- Policing America (Soc 4125)
- Fall 2014, Spring 2017, Spring 2017, Fall 2017
- Topics in Law, Crime, and Deviance: Race, Crime, & Punishment (Soc 8190)
- Spring 2017
What did the instructor do that most helped your learning?
"The lectures and reading selections were fantastically helpful in teaching the subject material."
"Provided thought provoking readings, lectures, presenters, and multimedia on the subject. She was very good at making the material interesting and making the class feel we could be part of the discussion."
"Prof. Phelps was VERY prepared. I was really impressed with how well she knew everything discussed in class."
"In my 4 years at the U I have never learned more or enjoyed a subject matter as much as in this class. Prof. Phelps is literally the best professor I have had."
"Prof Phelps is friendly, enthusiastic and deeply knowledgeable of the subjects we cover in the class and on the readings. Her competence and confidence shines through in every lecture and makes the class fun and interesting to attend. I'm very satisfied thus far and am very happy I took this course."
"I really, really enjoyed this class and feel I learned a lot! Thanks!"
"Dr. Phelps was an awesome teacher and inspired my curiosity about the criminal justice system."